Clinical Lead Nurse
Position: Clinical Lead Nurse– RGN, RMN or RNLD
Care Categories: Old Age – Dementia
Rate Of Pay: £18.25 per hour
Salary: £31,317 Per Annum, Based on 33 Hours Per Week
Hours: Full time
Shifts: Days - 8/8 start and finish times
Contract type: Permanent
*Dedicated Training and Support*
*FREE DBS check*
About the Home/Company…
Smartcall are looking for highly motivated experienced RGN or RMN or RNLD to work within a beautiful family friendly care home located in the Wirral, Cheshire.
All staff provide the highest level of care, everyone supports one and other and are one big family. Every member of the team is affectionate and understanding all Residents and their individual needs. Located within Cannock, this beautiful home has 46 Beds.
To join us as a Clinical Lead Nurse you will need to have a current NMC registration and a good knowledge of the most up-to-date clinical practices. Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector, People Management experience. Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes, including audit and care services
Qualifications & Accreditations
Registered Nurse Qualification with a valid NMC PIN
• To Provide the Clinical Leadership and direction, improving standards of homes in crisis
• Ensure the delivery of quality care – continually assessing our residents’ needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
• To work alongside staff to support, feedback and develop their clinical skills and experience.
• Champion independence and personal choice – develop, review and update care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
• Build the positive reputation of the home and unit – liaise professionally with visitors, including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – risks are proactively managed, and issues identified, investigated and resolved.
• Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
• Conduct care audits – monitor standards of care and take corrective action where appropriate.
• Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
• Take an active role in training for the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the training resources of the company to ensure that nursing staff are kept up to date with current practices and research led developments.
• Take a leadership role for your team – ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and rotas are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business.
• Take an active role in the development of yourself and others – ensure that the team’s skill and knowledge levels can meet the changing needs of the business.
• Dedicated Training and Support
• Company Pension Scheme
• Friendly Working Environment
• Free Enhanced police Check and uniform
• Internal Progression
How to Apply:
I am happy to work around you as much as I can, even though my working hours are 8.00am to 4.00pm – I am always available on email.
For more information regarding this vacancy or to apply, please contact Paige on 01329 422 572 or send a copy of your CV.
If you have secured a post already, not a problem at all. If you do know anyone looking and wouldn’t mind speaking with me about jobs, we can offer you £200 referral bonus if they take a job with Smartcall.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.